If you’re flying in the New Year, you can take several measures to reduce your chances of being injured in a plane crash. Although aviation accidents are rare, when they happen, the injuries can be catastrophic. If you are injured in a plane crash or in any aviation-related accident in south Florida, speak at once with an experienced West Palm Beach personal injury attorney about obtaining reimbursement for your medical expenses. Here are some recommendations for avoiding a serious brain injury, burn injury, spinal cord injury, or fatality in a plane crash:
- Fly on larger planes. Larger, commercial aircraft have far fewer accidents. In the event of an accident, larger aircraft provide a better chance of survival.
- Non-stop flights expose you to fewer take-offs, ascents, and landings. Statistically, they’re safer.
- Heavy items in overhead storage can fall out – or fall through – during heavy turbulence. Put only the lightest items in the overhead bins.
- Review the plane’s safety features, locate the emergency exits, and listen to the pre-flight safety talk.
- Avoid excessive drinking. Alcohol clouds judgment and makes your response slower in an emergency.
- Avoid unbuckling your seatbelt or wandering around the cabin. If you hit turbulence, you’re more likely to sustain a personal injury.
To prevail with a personal injury claim, a victim must prove negligence, defective equipment or equipment design, or some other breakdown of routine standards. Crashes, obviously, are not the only cause of aviation-related injuries. Loose luggage, turbulence, and other passengers and crew members have also been responsible for injuries on airplanes. If you have a personal injury claim against an airline, an aircraft manufacturer, an owner, a pilot, or control tower personnel, a good personal injury lawyer can assess the details of your case, provide sound legal advice, and fight aggressively for the compensation you need and the justice you deserve. If you are injured in any aviation-related accident in south Florida, speak to an experienced West Palm Beach personal injury attorney as quickly as possible.