Mr. Lavin graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Iona College in 1979 and a Juris Doctor degree from St. John’s University School of Law in 1983. Since establishing the Law Offices of Thomas J. Lavin in Bronx County in 1984, Mr. Lavin has focused first and foremost on personal injury law. He is admitted to practice law in the states of New York and Florida. Mr. Lavin is a member of the American Bar Association, American Trial Lawyers Association, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, and the Bronx County Bar Association. He is also a member of the Florida Bar Association and the Palm Beach County (Florida) Bar Association. In 1986, Mr. Lavin was a nominee for Bronx Civil Court Judge; in 1987, he was a nominee for Bronx District Attorney.
Mr. Lavin also serves the Bronx community as a sponsor of the Simpson Basketball Benefit, the J. Lyon’s Golf Benefit, the Throggs Neck Saint Patrick Day Parade, the “Adopt A Highway” Litter Removal Program, Catholic School Sunday Bulletins, and “Free Notebooks” for public school students.
Mr. Lavin and the attorneys he works with bring a dedication to justice into everything they do. The Law Offices of Thomas J. Lavin have provided important legal help to more than 5,000 accident victims in 30 years of personal injury practice.
- American Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Associate
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Bronx County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Sponsor of the Simpson Basketball Benefit
- Sponsor of the Lyon’s Golf Benefit
- Sponsor of the Throggs Neck Saint Patrick Day Parade
- Sponsor of the “Adopt A Highway” Litter Removal Program
- Sponsor of “Free Notebooks” for Public School Students
- Sponsor of Catholic School Sunday Bulletins
- 1986 Nominee for Bronx Civil Court Judge
- 1987 Nominee for Bronx District Attorney