Lawyer Helping Car Accident Victims Recover Compensation
- If you are looking for honest legal advice and aggressive representation from one of the top law firms in West Palm Beach, you can schedule a free consultation with us today.
- Thomas Lavin is an award-winning lawyer who has successfully secured large settlements and verdicts for his clients.
- Our lawyers will treat you with the compassion and respect that you deserve.
- Our law firm has some of the best attorneys in West Palm Beach who are regularly praised in reviews left by former clients.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Palm Beach County – or anywhere in Florida – and your injury was the result of another driver’s negligence, call an experienced West Palm Beach car accident attorney immediately.The personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Thomas J. Lavin have over six decades of combined experience successfully representing injured victims of car accidents.
If a negligent driver injures you, we work to help you obtain compensation for:
- Medical expenses, visits, prescriptions, and treatments
- Lost income
- Dismemberment, disfigurement, or temporary or permanent disability
- Wrongful death of a loved one
- Pain, suffering, or emotional distress
Seek Medical Attention First
Some injuries are immediately apparent after an accident. This is primarily the situation with internal injuries. For example if you suffered a broken bone fracture, there may be severe pain, and swelling at the site, which will necessitate medical treatment immediately. However, in other cases like soft tissue injuries, injuries are not immediately visible.
For instance, if you have been in a rear ended accident, you’re very likely to suffer from whiplash, in which there is tremendous strain and stress placed on the neck muscles. Symptoms of whiplash may not be visible in the minutes or hours after an accident, but may show up a couple of days later. You may suffer from pain, which becomes chronic and persistent.
The presence of injuries like this is the reason why you need to get a medical checkup as soon as you have suffered an accident. Even if your injuries are not visible and you feel perfectly fine, get yourself to a doctor and seek a medical evaluation. A checkup will reveal, whether you have soft tissue injuries, concussion or other injuries whose symptoms haven’t begun to reveal themselves. Make sure to keep copies of all medical records.
Do not sign any insurance forms and accept no settlement before talking a good West Palm Beach car accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Thomas J. Lavin. No two cases are alike, but our first priority is always ensuring that clients have received proper medical testing. We evaluate your medical records and test results to determine the extent of your injuries. Whether gathering evidence at the accident scene, questioning witnesses, or securing surveillance video, we initiate our own investigation promptly, working with experts to obtain the evidence that verifies your claim. We pursue the negligent parties and their insurance companies to win full financial compensation for your loss. If necessary, we’ll take your case to trial and ask a jury to decide.
Proving negligence or liability is critical to the success of your car accident claim. If you can prove beyond a doubt that the other motorist was liable in your car accident, it encourages the insurer to settle the claim quickly.
Proving liability depends very heavily on the kind of evidence that you manage to collect after an accident. This is why any Palm Beach car accident lawyer would stress the importance of collecting evidence after an accident.
For instance, soon after a car accident, get the contact information including the names and addresses, of witnesses at the scene. Take photographs of the accident scene, and take photographs of injuries. If you noticed that the other motorist was speeding when he was headed in your direction, or if you noticed that he was texting on his phone while driving, note this down. The longer you delay noting down important details like this, the more likely it is that you’ll forget details that are crucial to your claim. Obtain copies of police reports, and document all your medical expenses. Get medical opinions of your injuries.
File the documentation, and bring it with you when you meet the other motorist’s insurance company. When the insurer realizes that you have enough evidence to prove the other motorist’s liability, he’s much more likely to settle quickly. Not only that, he will also offer you a much better substantial settlement.
Other parties may be liable if there’s an accident on a poorly-designed or poorly-maintained street or highway. Like the weakest link in a chain, a road is only as safe as the most negligent driver who’s on it. No matter how safely you drive, an accident can happen anywhere, anytime you’re on the road. Arrange to speak promptly with an attorney who can fight aggressively for the compensation you deserve – an experienced West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer.
Because of the lasting impact a car accident can have on your life, it is essential that you protect yourself from the beginning by hiring a competent attorney to represent you. Here are just a few reasons why you should always hire an attorney rather than taking your chances without competent representation:
- Many people don’t realize that hiring an attorney to represent you when you’ve been injured in a car accident doesn’t cost you a penny out of your own pocket. The attorney is paid only if you receive compensation.
- A car accident attorney can make sure that you have filed the necessary reports and obtained the appropriate medical treatment. While there are steps you must take, your attorney can also ensure you take no missteps that might jeopardize your claim.
- A claim will include both economic as well as noneconomic damages. Economic damages may include those damages that are easily quantifiable like medical expenses, lost income and diminished earning capacity. Non-economic damages will seek to compensate individuals for those damages that are not tangible. Pain-and-suffering is one of these noneconomic damages. You can’t measure the amount of pain and suffering that a person has undergone as a result of a personal injury. That’s why these damages are a little more difficult to calculate than economic damages, however an attorney will be able to handle this part of the claim for you.
- They frequently do not offer injury victims the full value of a personal injury claim. An insurance company might give you an offer that’s far too low; it also might try to avoid paying you anything. A West Palm Beach car accident attorney will make sure the insurance company in your case plays by the rules.