2017 Scholarship Opportunity
Brought to you by the Law Offices of Thomas J. Lavin
The “Law Lavin Scholarship” was established to promote and encourage the pursuit of higher education throughout Florida and the rest of the nation. Thomas J. Lavin, founder of the scholarship believes in a bright future for our nation and has committed by offering the annual “Law Lavin Scholarship” annually. Our financial award can act as a scholarship for students, a scholarship for graduate students, a scholarship for transfer students, a need based scholarship for moms, scholarship for minorities, and more! “We are committed to not only our clients, but also our community, which is why we are happily offering the scholarship to participants nationwide. We look forward to your participation.” – Thomas J. Lavin
No Fee To Apply!
All applicants that meet the following criteria are welcome to apply to this 2017 scholarship offer:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States
- Between the ages 14 and 40
- Must be currently enrolled as a part-time or full-time student or possess at least an associate’s degree
- Cannot have earned in excess of $50,000 in 2016
- Have an active email address
Topics to Choose From
- How to Overcome Our Nation’s Debt Problem Without Burdening Tax Payers
- How to Reduce Our Nations Per Capita Imprisonment Rates
- How to End and Prevent Homelessness and Hunger is the U.S. Without Raising Taxes
- A Life Event You’ve Overcome During your Education
- A Break taking Image Like No Other
- Why Limited Resources Push Educators to Perform at Their Best
Essay – Microsoft Word document for essay submissions
Must be typewritten, single spaced, 12 point font and range from 1,500 – 4,000 words.
Video (.mp4 or .avi or .flx or .wmv or .mov)
With your video submission to our email address, include a link to your video (i.e. provide us a link to your YouTube video if this is where your video is housed), the video must contain the applicant’s full name in the video title or file name, length must be 3-10 minutes and video must be clear.
- Read the eligibility requirements to see if you, a friend or loved one qualifies
- Select 1 of the eligible topics
- Select a submission type
- Prepare your submission
- Follow the guidelines for submission
- Submit your entry
- Monitor your email near the end of the competition
- Email application entries to: [email protected] then add [email protected] to your safe recipient list within your email provider to ensure you are able to receive notification if you are selected as a winner. With your submission, include your full name, age, phone number, and mailing address. Submissions cannot be the property or contain the property of others and cannot contain explicit content. Each submission will be judged on an individual basis.
The 2017 Law Lavin Scholarship winner will be selected by Thomas J. Lavin one week following the participation deadline and the winning submission will be selected based on its unique characteristics. The winner will be contacted via email with instructions for receiving acknowledgement and the scholarship award funds.
The scholarship winner’s submission, 500 word bio and photo will be highlighted on our website for up one full year!
Submissions will be accepted until June 1, 2017.
With additional questions and for students who would like to recieve more information about the scholarship opportunity, send an email to: [email protected] using the subject line: “2017 Law Lavin Scholarship Inquiry”.
Email only please. We understand you may have an interest in communicating with us or have further questions. We’re happy to help and answer your questions. Please form your correspondence into an email and send to [email protected] with the subject “2017 Law Lavin Scholarship Inquiry”.
Commonly Asked Questions:
How will the winner get the scholarship?
In the mail.
Am I allowed to submit 5 times?
No. Just one submission per person.
Do the contents of my video need to include anything specific to qualify?
Yes. Your video must encompass your feedback on the topic selected.
Can I include images, graphs, or charts in my essay?
Yes. As a supplement.
What if I accidentally submitted an incorrect version?
If you need to send an edited copy of your submission, it needs to be received by June 1, 2017. Please note, we only accept 1 resubmission per person.
I don’t use e-mail, can I still win?
Without an e-mail address, we can submit your application. Please create one to apply.
If you’re facing legal issues or just need some advice, I can help with: